“Blueberry Banana Pancakes” servings= “2” Yield=”makes 6-8 small pancakes” difficulty=”easy”
Recipe + Picture from [Love & Lemons]
- 1 ripe banana
2/3 cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour (I used half gluten free all-purpose, half millet flour), or 1 cup regular all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup blueberries (to go inside the pancakes)
a few teaspoons coconut oil, for the pan
maple syrup, for serving
1/4 cup blueberries + a drizzle of maple syrup + tiny pinch of salt
- In a small food processor, puree the banana with the almond milk and vanilla. (or mash it really well by hand – you want it pretty liquified).
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Pour the banana/milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a few teaspoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter into the pan. Flip when bubbles form in the batter (about 1 minute). Let the second side cook for about 30-60 seconds and remove from heat. (check the first one to make sure it’s done in the middle, if not, you may need to reduce heat to low and let it cook a little bit longer).
- For the blueberry topping, place blueberries in a small bowl with a little bit of maple syrup. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until they burst a little.
- Serve pancakes warm with blueberry sauce and maple syrup.